Saturday, June 6, 2009

For this picture I wanted to create something that had a good flow of colors, almost like a story book (for example). I also wanted to create an up-beat theme to my picture. So to bring it together I basically used the "Water Tile" filter on my photoshop to give it more of a cartoon look. Afterward I cropped out a bit of the left corner to bring the focus more to the dog & what I wanted as a look.
For this picture I just wanted to make it simple to match my style. I really liked the colors in the background too because they were light in color and the dog was also. Using Photoshop Elements 6, I started off with softening portions around his head to add not so much of a roughness to the picture. To make the soft area I used the "Blur Tool" to a certain amount. Then afterward I scaled the picture and saved it to my computer in jpg format.
For this picture wanted to create a comic book like look. I also thought that giving it an outline would give in more of a edgier look than the original soft look it had. I really wanted it to reflect more of a good mood to it also. For bringing this picture together I used GIMP instead of Photoshop Elements 6. To start off with I went to Filters, clicked cartoon, then selected cartoon, then adjusted the settings then I finished that part. Afterward I applied the Van Gogh effect under Map on the menu and finally I scaled the image and saved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment